Sunday, March 14, 2010





Zeke and Chi began an all Spanish speaking preschool last week and things went fairly smoothly. They are there everyday from 9-1pm. It seems like a long day for them, but they always look forward to riding the bus(small van) home. Zeke keeps saying that he has no idea what they are saying to him, but he did figure out when they were telling him to go to the bathroom. I am trying to assure him that he will understand one day, and that I have no idea what they are saying either. They are there with another missionary family that lives very close to us. The kids are in the same grade and know Spanish and English, which helps Zeke and Chi feel more comfortable. People keep telling me that this is the best way for them to learn the language, but I find it difficult to see how this will happen. I will keep you updated on their language progress, and ours as well.

We started language school on Monday, which is hard but good. I also find it difficult to see how I will ever be fluent in Spanish. But, I keep telling myself that I know more today than I did yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to just see a little bit of your start there. We know that you are probably going through crazy homesickness and stress starting language school and getting settled. We know God will give you just what you need and you can find comfort in the many prayers being said for you over here! Love you all! God has called you there and you are exactly where He wants you. That is the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete