Wednesday, March 31, 2010


Well, we made our first trip to the ER here in Peru (it was only a matte of time). On Monday night Zeke was sleeping on the top bunk when he fell out of bed and onto his face. I (Raechel) was home by myself. We do not have cell phones here, so I could not get in touch with Geoff. After 20 minutes of crying turned into hysterical screaming (Zeke, not me), I decided to brave it and go to the ER (with my very limited Spanish). I called some missionary friends (Heather and John), and they were at our house with a taxi within minutes. Fortunately, Heather hopped in the taxi with me while John stayed at the house with the kids. Not completely sure what to expect from a hospital in Lima, I was a little worried. After arriving at the clinic and seeing the facilities, I was at ease with the medical care here in Lima. Things went very smooth and Zeke is doing great. The doctor had some x-rays taken to be sure, and all turned out well. These pictures were taken the next morning. By the end of the day his eye was dark purple, but the swelling was down dramatically. Praise God for protecting Zeke and for a quick healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment