Thursday, March 3, 2011

I have a friend who has an amazing blog which gave me this idea. We came up with some questions about Peru and interviewed each of our kids. Here are the results (unedited, except for our comments in parentheses) and a little glimpse into our lives.

Where do we live?

Chi: I don’t know

Lily: In Lima Peru

Eli: Peru, in God’s kingdom

Zeke: In Peru


Where do your grandparents live?

Chi: in Peru

Lily: In Illinois and St Louis and Champaign

Eli: In America

Zeke: I don’t know


Why did we move to Peru?

Chi: because we had to move back and forth

Zeke: to meet new friends

Eli: Because God called us here

Lily: Because we love God and we obey him


Why do we stay in Peru?

Chi: Just because, we like here

Zeke: Because we like it and its God’s plan

Eli: Because it is our mission that God told us to do

Lily: Because we have a commitment for three years...that’s what I heard you and daddy say


What do you like most about Peru, or where we live?

Chi: Granny dee dee’s house (which, ironically, is in the United States)

Lily: Our big house

Eli: The adventures

Zeke: I like playing Wii


What do you like least about Peru, or where we live?

Chi: There are no real train tracks here or big trains

Lily: I am away from all my family

Eli: I have no friends (ouch, this is enough to break our hearts)

Zeke: There is nothing bad about Peru


Do you speak Spanish or English?

Chi: What does that mean? I speak English and Spanish

Lily: English and Spanish

Eli: A little bit of Spanish and all of English

Zeke: Half Spanish and all English


What is your daddy’s work?

Chi: pushups

Lily: He ministers to kids on the streets

Eli: He helps the poor

Zeke: I don’t know, I have never seen his work (which is not true, he just doesn’t realize it)


What is your mommy’s work?

Chi: school

Lily: Dishes, laundry, and the list goes on and on

Eli: Teach us, mop, and sweep, and wash the dishes and take care of us

Zeke: Her work is teach the kids and cook


What makes your mom happy?

Chi: obeying

Lily: When we play together kindly

Eli: Us obeying her

Zeke: Love


What makes your dad happy?

Chi: obeying too

Lily: When I am mature

Eli: Us obeying him

Zeke: When he plays ball with me


What do you like to do in Peru?

Chi: Play trains with daddy

Zeke: I like to go to the movie theater and cony park and being with my mommy and daddy

Eli: Go to a bodega and get ice cream (small convenient stores)

Lily: Going on fun vacations.


Do you like to take taxis everywhere?

Chi: I like taxis and buses

Zeke: Yes, but sometimes I get motion sickness

Eli: I would rather have our own car

Lily: I don’t like being squished and I want my own window


Do you like Peruvian food?

Chi: Yes

Lily: I LOVE it

Eli: I like some Peruvian food (this really isn’t true, he likes one dish and it is very similar to chicken nuggets)

Zeke: NO


Do you like living in a big city?

Chi: Ya, I do. Is this a big city? This is a big city because it has a ocean.

Lily: The truth...not really. I like country

Eli: No, there is lots of noise and traffic, traffic, traffic

Zeke: Yes, because our house is a three story high building


Do you like going to work with dad?

Chi: Ya, so I can do pushups and be strong.

Lily: Yes, love it, because I get to hold babies.

Eli: I like going to the men’s Bible study because I get to be with dad, alone.

Zeke: Yes, I like being with friends


Do you like being homeschooled?

Chi: I like it because I like my mommy

Lily: It depends on the subject. I love writing, but I hate math. I have the best teacher in the world.

Eli: I love it because I get to learn.

Zeke: Yes, because I am very good at my letters.


Do you like answering these questions?

Chi: Ya, I do not, I do.

Lily: I love it

Eli: I can’t decide. I don’t hate them, but I don’t really love them.

Zeke: I like it.

2 comments:

  1. i was seriously laughing out loud...daddies work is push-ups!!! that is CLASSIC!!! this is such a great idea. your kids are so beautiful. i love them so much!

    Rae

    ReplyDelete